Going through Transition?
- Body Image
- Insomnia, Hypersomnia
Don’t Feel Safe?
- You startle easy: things make you jump.
- You are frequently anxious.
- You’re vigilant: in a restaurant you want to face the door.
- You don’t even quite remember
- You can see scary memories more clearly than other memories
Whether the incident is stored in your body, or nervous system, or your mind, I have very effective tools to bring relief. I can help you feel safe while we process your most challenging experiences. No one can do this alone.
Cultural Adjustment Issues?
- You just returned from another country and can’t readjust to the U.S.
- Your parents are traditional, and you are not.
- You want God in your life, but your family’s religion (or lack thereof) doesn’t connect with the Divine.
- You have a relationship with someone of another race or culture, and it’s hard.
I had been in 36 countries, and lived in five by the time I was twelve. I never was part of a majority until I was 40 years old. I understand. I can help you sort it out.
Illness, Grief and Loss
- No loss is too big nor too little; get support
- Grief complicated by mixed feelings needs an ear
- Even good changes mean letting go of the old
- It’s OK to feel
- You deserve support
Our dominant culture doesn’t always make room for the process of grief. If we move on too soon,we lose the opportunity for healing, meaning, and transformation. The ill sometimes feel guilty for their condition. And while illness can be an opportunity, it is a very difficult and sometime very scary experience that deserves exploration and understanding. I am not afraid to go to hard places with you.
There is no one right way to create art. I was a dancer and choreographer for much of my life, so I “get” the creative process.
- Stage fright
- Your artist voice
There is no one right way to relate to the Mystery of the Divine. I have supported Catholics and Jews, Agnostics and Buddhists, Mormons and folks raised as Jehovah’s Witnesses, in finding their path to God, whether in the religion they were born to, or outside of it. I am a licensed minister, and deep practitioner of Daoist Qigong – that is my personal path. I am here to support your wrestling with the angel of your Faith, until it grant you its blessing.
Freedom from Smoking
I have been free of cigarettes for 22 years now. I have helped many others be free of smoking, to my great delight. We also can investigate other habits or patterns, such as recreating the “same” bad relationship over and over.
Support for the Healing Professions
About a third of my clients have been other therapists or people in the healing and medical professions.
- Compassion Fatigue
- Secondary Trauma
- Work/Life Balance
- Personal Ethics
- Self Sustenance
- Care for the Caregiver
The pages below will let you know what to expect when working with me: